Research AreasCrops, Ecosystem Management, Land Management, Policy & Institutions, Soils, Water Management
TimelineStart Date: 25 June 2011 | End Date: 24 July 2012
The overall goal of this initiative is to improve the livelihoods of small and marginal farm house holds through enabling farmers to shift from low-value subsistence crops to high-value fruit and vegetable crops. A secondary objective is to achieve this using sustainable management practices.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- To form a multi-institution consortium comprising ICRISAT, AVDRC, NGOs, private sector industries, University of Horticulture, SAUs, and Department of Horticulture to implement e Suvarna Bhoomi Yojane in 25 selected districts.
- To understand input and output market value chains and identify market linkages for high-volume fruits and vegetable crops for farmers under SBY.
- To implement a science-based strategy for sustainable production of high-value crops
- To build capacity of the consortium partners to manage the SBY project and undertake capacity building of stakeholders in the value chain, especially farmers.
- To monitor, evaluate and document progress, impacts and lessons learnt on consortium formation and functionfor strengthening the SBY.
- Department of Horticulture, Karnataka, India
- Department of Watershed Development, Karnataka, India
- World Vegetable Centre (AVRDC)
- BASIX Group
- Private Foundations
- BAIF Development Research Foundation
- University of Agricultural Science, Bangalore, India
- University of Agricultural sciences ,Dharwad (UAS-D),India
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur
- University of Horticultural Sciences, Bagalkot
Tagskarnataka, Suvarna Bhoomi Yojane
Ask a Question
You must be logged in to post a comment.