Research AreasPolicy & Institutions
CountriesAngola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Côte d'Ivoire, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Dem. Rep., Congo Rep., Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
TimelineStart Date: 1 August 2006 | End Date: 30 March 2011
The objective of this project is to inform and track the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). The project will ensure the continuation of the technical assistance that is currently being provided by IFPRI to the NEPAD Secretariat, and to support the Regional Economic Communities (RECs) in their efforts to accelerate the implementation process of NEPAD’s agricultural agenda at the regional and country levels. The proposal consist of three main parts: a) Technical assistance to the NEPAD Secretariat, focusing on supporting the policy dialogue, advocacy, and progress and performance review functions of the Secretariat b) Capacity building of the main RECs – COMESA, ECOWAS, and SADC, focusing on facilitating access to short-term expertise and analytical/advisory services to guide program planning and implementation at the regional and country levels c) Establishment of Regional Strategy and Knowledge Support Systems in the COMESA, ECOWAS, and SADC regions, as main tools for peer review, benchmarking, and mutual learning to improve the efficiency of the CAADP implementation process and ensure the objectives are met.
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- RO - Regional Organization
- Common Market for East and Souther Africa (COMESA)
- Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS)
- New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD)
- SRO - Sub-Regional Organization
- Conference of Ministers of Agriculture of West and Central Africa (CMA/WCA)
- University of Kwazulu-Natal (UKZN)
Ask a Question
You must be logged in to post a comment.