Research AreasAgrobiodiversity, Climate Change, Crops, Policy & Institutions
TimelineStart Date: 22 August 2011 | End Date: 31 October 2011
In this project, ICRAF will provide ACCI with scenario of climate change and variability and its potential effects on the main farming activities in Kenya.
Among other activities, ICRAF will:
1. Describe and assess past climate change modelling initiatives for Kenya and their relevance, if any for the project site.
2. Screen climate data sources available for the pilot sites as well as available agriculture information and access relevant data.
3. Compare suitable climate change models and select relevant ones for the modelling and down scaling.
4. Undertake climate- crop model coupling to synchronize agronomic practices with climate variability.
5. Develop weather trigger benchmarks for particular crops/if possible varieties.
6. Carry out analysis
7. Based on the scenarios, develop adaptation options.
8. Communicate the findings from the local climate change model to relevant stakeholder through a workshop.
9. Cover climate change information, models and scenarios relevant to the agricultural sector in Busia and Homabay countries.
TagsCLimate change modelling, Climate variability and change, Farming
Ask a Question
You must be logged in to post a comment.