Research AreasClimate Change, Crops, Land Management, Soils, Water Management
TimelineStart Date: 28 October 2011 | End Date: 27 October 2011
The overall goal of the project is to increase average productivity of target crops in the selected districts by 25% in five years and identify suitable adaptation strategies forcoping with the likely changes associated with climate change. The specific objectives are as follows:-
- To identify best-bet crop management options (soil, crop and water management) including improved varieties to enhance productivity of the selected crops in targeted seven districts by 25%.
- To undertake representative soil sampling (stratified sampling method forfarmers in villages in a district) to prepare GIS-based soil maps depicting micro- and macro- nutrient status of the soils.
- To assess the likely impacts of climate change in the target seven districts and identify suitable adaptation strategies to cope with the climate change
- To build capacity of the stakeholders (farmers and consortium partners) in sustainable management of natural resources, enhancing crop productivity in dryland areas and adaptation strategies to cope with climate change.
- Department of Agriculture, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- NARI - National Agricultural Research Institute
- Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture in India
- Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU), India