Research AreasClimate Change, Ecosystem Management, Forestry & Agroforestry, Land Management, Livestock, Policy & Institutions, Seed Systems, Water Management
TimelineStart Date: 30 September 2012 | End Date: 31 October 2014
The main goal of the overage Mitigation of Climate Change (MICCA) Project is to facilitate developing countries in contributing to the mitigation of Climate Change in Agriculture and moving towards low carbon emission agriculture.
Project Activities include:
1) Analyze sociology-economic and biophysical data with households implementing climate smart practices based on the menu of practices.
2) Continue to build capacity of farmers and farmer groups and development and extension practitioners for increased crop-livestock-tree productivity using climate smart practices through farming and demonstration sites.
3) Measure progress in ecosystem characteristics monitoring changes using the Land Health Surveillance Framework and employing Greenhouse Gas Flux measurements
1) Increased capacity development and implementation of climate smart agricultural practice for increased sustainable crop productivity;
2) Increased productivity and land health (including biological diversity and risks to water quality and quantity)
3) Measurement and monitoring to access carbon stocks and net emissions within farming systems and landscapes
TagsClimate change, Conservation Agriculture
3 Responses to “Implementing the Mitigation of Climate Change in Agriculture Project Activities in Kenya and Tanzania”
Ask a Question
You must be logged in to post a comment.