CountriesBenin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Senegal
TimelineStart Date: 3 November 2010 | End Date: 30 September 2011
The overall objective of this project is to strengthen the capacity to produce higher and more stable grain yields of sorghum and pearl millet among poor rural households in West Africa. The project plans to contribute to this objective by (1) enhancing farmers’ and researchers’ skills and capacities in participatory testing and scaling up of crop pearl millet and sorghum crop intensification technologies (2) Increase farmer’s varietal options for sorghum and pearl millet (3) Develop training resources in a range of media forms for continued and large scale farmer, researcher, and development community capacity building (4) enhance researchers’ and development partners’ capacities to monitor outcomes and impacts (5) Strengthen Regional coordination and monitoring capacity with ECOWAS – CORAF (6) Enhance visibility of EU and CORAF and awareness of the vital role of sorghum and pearl millet production systems for food security, nutrition, and income.
- NARI - National Agricultural Research Institute
- INERA, Burkina Faso
- Institut de Recherches Agronomiques du Niger (INRAN), Niger
- Institut National de Recherche Agricole du Bénin (INRAB), Benin
- Institut Sénégalais de Recherches Agricoles (ISRA)
- SRO - Sub-Regional Organization
- West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD)
TagsCapacity building, Pearl millet, sorghum
One Response to “Food Facility Programme”
Ask a Question
You must be logged in to post a comment.