Research AreasAgrobiodiversity, Crops
CountriesEthiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
TimelineStart Date: 15 August 2007 | End Date: 31 August 2010
This project targets crop breeding and delivery efforts to enhance impact on the livelihoods of the poor in drought-prone regions of sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia as well as developing sustainable seed production and delivery systems for reaching the poor. Specific crops under investigation include: groundnut, cowpea, bean, chickpea, and pigeon pea.
- ARI - Advanced Research Institute
- Agricultural Research Services (DARS),Malawi
- NARI - National Agricultural Research Institute
- Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR)
- Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI)
- Selian Agricultural Research Institute (SARI) - Tanzania
TagsBeans, chickpea, cowpea, crop breeding, Drought, groundnut, seed production, Sustainability
Ask a Question
You must be logged in to post a comment.