Published on 13 July 2011
Research AreasEcosystem Management, Land Management, Soils
TimelineStart Date: 1 February 2011 | End Date: 29 February 2012
Activities of this project include:
- Hydrological modeling to simulate the effects of conservation agriculture on the environmental services provided by the hydrological basin, based on existing information.
- Install plots with prioritized livestock and farming systems.
- Determine soil loss using USLE, rainfall simulators, and runoff plots.
- Measurement of soil characteristics in plots with and without conservation agriculture and with different types of coverage.
- Conduct socio-economic surveys of producers in the Fuquene basin to assess impacts on income and poverty.
- Hydrological modeling to simulate effects of conservation agriculture on the environmental services provided by the hydrological basin, based on new information gathered in the field.
- Determine environmental indicators for monitoring soil and water resources.
- Design a benefit distribution system that puts value on the environmental services that the well-managed areas in the basin provide.
Donor: Corporacion Autonoma de Cundinamarca (CAR)
Tagsconservation tillage, Decision And Policy Analysis, ecosystem services, hydrological modeling, Land management, N and P runoff, socio-economic analysis, soil, soil carbon sequestration, soil loss, Water, water management, watershed management
Ask a Question
You must be logged in to post a comment.